Dept 102 Sec O
1. Review General Rules.
2. All banners must be pre-entered by June 15. Banners must be entered by the day of Fashion Revue and
Clothing Judging. They can be brought to the Extension office on that day. They will be kept to be hung at the fair and judging will be Wednesday at the
3. Each 4-H Club may enter one banner. Each banner should illustrate or demonstrate a phase of
4-H work which is being practiced by members within the 4-H Club, promote 4-H project or
4. 4-H exhibitors (individual or group) should avoid using copyrighted materials whenever
possible by originating his/her own work. Copyrighted and /or trademarked materials utilized in
banners for endorsement or promotion instead of educational purposes will be disqualified and
will not be displayed.
5. Each county may send up to 3 banners for exhibit at the state fair.
6. Club members are encouraged to be available for consultation with the banners judge at the
7. The judging criteria for banners will be: Educational value - 40%; Interest and originality -
20%; Appearance - 20%; and quality of display materials - 20%.
8. Banners are to be no less than 12 square feet and no more than 16 square feet, with a minimum
of 3 feet on one side. Example: 3 X 5 or 4 X 4, etc. Banners should be made of materials that
permit the banner to be folded or rolled. Objects may not be attached to the front of the banner.
Each banner must be hung on a rod or dowel strong enough to support the banner. On each end
of the rod, there should be a wire or chain 6" long. One end of the wire will be fastened to the
end of the rod. The other end should be connected to an "S" hook.
9. A label will be prepared by the Extension Office giving the club name. Club names may be included with in the design of the banner.
6401 - 4-H Club Banner
Champion and Reserve Champion Banner